Hitting London in high heels

Friday, June 22, 2007

Parental Guidance

What a month it has been!

My parents arrived in the 28 May after a year of not seeing either of them (folks, you don't look a day over 50!) I am a big kid at heart and have missed them dearly so it was fantastic to see them again. Mark and I picked them up from the airport then went home and chilled inside, out of the rain. It was such a nice afternoon gorging on lasagne and red and chatting away. Conversation flowed effortlessly even though it was the first time they had met my man. We shared pictures of the family and I was impressed to see how great my brothers were looking...Richard, nice jacket and Tom your gonna be a chick magnet if you aren't already!

The following week we ate for Britain at some lovely restaurants including Belgos a fancy little Belgian restaurant. Dad has the biggest saucepan of mussels I have ever seen! Mmm. Afterwards we went to see Mark rock out at Tommy Flynns in Camden.

We also saw the new Pirates film and I have to say, as much as I am a fan of the divine Mr. Depp I was not a fan of this snore fest.

We had a very memorable night at a pub down the road. They had a beautiful courtyard where we sat in the evening sun feasting on olives, bread and some hearty steaks… the red wine was once again flowing. On one of the warmer days I went to Hyde Park with the folks and we took a ride on a row boat - it nearly ended badly when mum had a mini heart attack after dad and I tried to tip her into the Serpentine!

The three of us have also managed a trip up North to the relies, where we spent a lovely few days eating, chatting and chilling. Perfection!
On the way back to London we stopped in Blackpool....AGH! Holy moly, not somewhere you wanna stop for long, that's all I have to say.

And in just over a week I will be spending my 25th birthday in VENICE! Can you believe it? The entire week....AGH! I am sure I will have some pretty brilliant updates after that trip....


Rachixxx


ps - I'm gonna bang on some photos in the next few days to accompany this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home