Hitting London in high heels

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Updates

I just went for a walk around the city near my work. It was like that scene in Vanilla Sky where all the streets are empty. All the shops have closed, excluding one lingerie store which was full of women buying underwear! Nothing will stop a woman from shopping it seems!

I have never seen the streets so empty, its usually buzzing at this time with people buying their afternoon cappuccino's. Handwritten signs were stuck on the doors saying they had to shut early due to 'staff shortages'. Two police cars roared past as I was making my way across the road. The only sounds outside are sirens. The only sounds inside are police reports on Sky News. No one is really talking now.

I've worked out a way home and just spoke to the girl I met off the plane, Jackie, who is going to meet me at Waterloo. From there we are taking the overground to Putney, which is then a 15 minute walk home from the station.

Will update again soon.

Lots of love Rachixx

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    rache ... this is so incredible... please write more

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Rach,
    Sounds crazy. We're keeping an eye on the news here. Hope you managed to have a few steadying drinks. Who's this anonymous person who sent the last three comments? Seems morbidly interested...didn't know we even had a Tasmanian cousin.
    R

     

Post a Comment

<< Home